The best kittens, technology, and video games blog in the world.

Saturday, February 04, 2017

magic/help for Ruby

Cat by kevin dooley from flickr (CC-BY)

I've been doing some old code cleanup, and I've noticed that my magic/help irb plugin had many issues with ruby 2.x, and wasn't published for gem install magic-help - even though weirdly it was downloadable as a .gem file.

Both issues are now fixed. If you want to use it with 1.8, grab the old version. Otherwise gem install magic-help.

Oh and I replaced underscore with a dash to better match how dominant naming convention ended up being. The code is literally older than rubygems after all.

To be honest pry's builtin help is usually good enough, even though magic/help covers a few extra cases, I'm not entirely sure if it's still of much use.

No comments: